Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Have I Mentioned I LOVE Baby Showers?

No?  Well, I do.  There's something just so cute and cuddly and sweet . . . 
the baby doesn't even need to be there and I love it!!

I recently worked with a friend who was throwing a shower for her expectant sister-in-law.
Since they didn't know if they were having a girl or boy she wanted to go with a gender neutral theme.
The mom and dad-to-be had registered for green cream bedding with little lamb embroidery and that was our inspiration.  The hostess has been to celebrations at my house before, and knew exactly what she wanted
me to repeat - in baby form!  So here are the water bottle wrappers, 
the baby banner,and the diaper wreath.  


The family's last name starts with a K, and they have been calling him/her
 "Baby K"
so we used that moniker a few places. 
 (I think it would be cute to keep calling the baby that
AFTER he/she arrives, but this is coming from a mom who referred to her youngest as 
"baby" so often that at age two if asked his name he said, "baby" . . . 
there's a thin line between cute and embarrassing sometimes!)

The hostess is making a coordinating diaper cake - this mama will be set for diapers
(at least for a week or so!)!!

She also ordered a lamb cake from a local bakery and lamb cookies to give out as favors.
I can't wait to see the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment